May 03, 2019

Present Continuous



Click here to read and listen to the examples in the Present Continuous. Do the two exercises at the bottom of the page.

Click here to listen to more examples and read about the grammar.

Listen to some activities here. Repeat them.




 Watch the video and complete the sentences. You need one word in each gap. Check your answers in "comments".

L3-03-PresCont from elllo on Vimeo.

Conversation 1

Man: Where are you?
Woman: I am _____________ inside. I am _____________ _____________ _____________ to my friend. I am telling him about _____________ _____________ and my new _____________ .
Man: Are you _____________ the computer?
Woman: I am not _____________ the computer because I like to hand write _____________ . My hand is getting _____________ though.

Conversation 2

Man: Where is Mary?
Woman: Mary is _____________ in the _____________ . She is chopping up some vegetables because she is making a vegetable _____________ .
Man: How is she making it?
Woman: She is _____________ a recipe and following the _____________ inside. She is _____________ herself.

Conversation 3

Man: What is Bob doing?
Woman: Bob is _____________ on his car. He is giving it a tune up. He is _____________ the oil and _____________ all the parts of the cars.
Man: But, he is not working? He is just standing there.
Woman: He is _____________ his time because he wants to do the job _____________ . He is listening to the _____________ as he _____________ .

Conversation 4

Man: Where are the twins?
Woman: They are _____________ outside. They are playing soccer with their friends. They are using the front lawn as a soccer pitch.
Man: Are they _____________ fun?
Woman: They are _____________  a lot of fun. They are _____________ so they are burning lots of energy. I think they are _____________ to lose weight.


Look at old posts about the Present Continuous. 

1 comment:

eoilumi1 said...

Conversation 1
Man: Where are you?
Woman: I am working inside. I am writing a letter to my friend. I am telling him about my life and my new job.
Man: Are you using the computer?
Woman: I am not using the computer because I like to hand write letters. My hand is getting tired though.

Conversation 2
Man: Where is Mary?
Woman: Mary is cooking in the kitchen. She is chopping up some vegetables because she is making a vegetable soup.
Man: How is she making it?
Woman: She is reading a recipe and following the instructions inside. She is enjoying herself.

Conversation 3
Man: What is Bob doing?
Woman: Bob is working on his car. He is giving it a tune up. He is changing the oil and checking all the parts of the cars.
Man: But, he is not working? He is just standing there!

Woman: He is taking his time because he wants to do the job right. He is listening to the radio as he works.

Conversation 4
Man: Where are the twins?
Woman: They are playing outside. They are playing soccer with their friends. They are using the front lawn as a soccer pitch.
Man: Are they having fun?
Woman: They are having a lot of fun. They are exercising so they are burning lots of energy. I think they are trying to lose weight.